Make A Difference for Pleasanton
How to Make Your January 2017 Festival Table a Success!
1. GO BOLD! This is
48- point type.
2. If you use regular type (usually 10-12-point fonts), those who pass your table will be unable to read your messages.
- Pick a font size as large as newspaper headlines.
- Use short phrases rather than full sentences or paragraphs.
- Add pictures when possible.
- Use bullet points (like these) on your printed materials
3. COVER UP – Whether it’s paper, plastic, or cloth, plan to bring a table cover – the more vivid the better – to distinguish your 6-foot space and make it more attractive to visitors.
4. DON’T BE FLAT – Use the caterers’ trick of creating different levels by placing plastic or cardboard containers beneath your table cover. This makes your space more interesting than a flat surface. Consider bringing small table easels or other materials to prop up signs identifying who you are and what you have to offer.
5. BE GENEROUS – Think of something to give away, since that will attract people to pause at your table, giving you the opportunity to engage them in conversation.
- Host a drawing for some sort of prize – a perfect way to capture contact information.
- Include YOUR contact information on a tip sheet, recipe card, keychain, pencil, etc.
6. DON’T JUST SIT THERE – Effective marketing involves four steps:
- Gain a person’s attention
- Get their interest
- Persuade them
- Close the transaction
Click here to print the exhibitor-tip-sheet